Friday, March 19, 2010

Enterprise Integration

I spent almost 3 years from my practical life working at international telecom operator, MTN

I was fresh graduate, excited Java developer, and I said that's my opportunity to apply enterprise java in mission-critical enterprise corporate.

working there, I realized that word Enterprise is exactly equivalent to Integration.

I worked closely with nice team to develop MTN Internal Web Portal A project that integrates all legacy and new developed applications and unify them in a Single Sign-On web interface using single platform (Java) and J2EE framework called OFBiz.

the Integration channels used are from bottom-up:

  • Database: most used and intuitive way for system integration. used in wide variety of applications
  • FTP: to get missed calls from switches (the switch generates file for each call when the mobile user is out of coverage)
  • Telnet: to control the IVR system, manage ports, reassigns applications and ports, and monitoring
  • TCP Sockets: to connect to ATM machines and receive the Bill payments
  • Plain HTTP: to communicate with TV and News Services
  • SOAP: to communicate with MMSC (send/receive MMS)
  • Web Services: integrate HR with Filenet
  • RMI: some end-to-end java applications
  • JMS: communicate between SMS service portal and SMSC-gateway administration console

No comments:

Post a Comment